Laminitis: A Scientific and Realistic Approach
All too many horse owners and managers have dealt with the heartbreaking dilemma of laminitis, and, all too often unnecessarily, laminitis has brought an end to a promising equine career. In these pages, noted expert Dr Juliet M. Getty guides the reader through the causes and treatments of laminitis and offers prevention strategies plus practical solutions that can return a stricken horse to a useful, healthy life.
- Insulin resistance - what, how, and why
- Preventing relapses and chronic laminitis
- Hormonal responses to physical and mental stress
- Supplements to help cure laminitis and prevent further episodes
- Obesity and role in laminitis